LOW INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHEAP)
1. Winter Heating Assistance:
- Households with a member that is 60 years old or older or with a member who is disabled (including children) can apply for LIHEAP assistance beginning October 1, 2022. Applications for all others will be accepted beginning November 1, 2022.
- Required Information: Full Social Security Numbers on application or copy of cards. Both Utility Bills (Spire and Ameren).
2. Summer Cooling Assistance
- CAASTLC’s summer cooling assistance begins on June 1, 2023 for mailed and faxed applications. Our summer program assists with electric bills. You must have a disconnection notice or services must be off to be considered for assistance.
LOW INCOME HOUSEHOLD WATER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHWAP)
The Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) may be able to help you with a one-time payment for your water and/or wastewater (sewer) bill from November, 2022 – December 31, 2023. The maximum amount you could get is $750.00.
You may be eligible for help if you:
- Are responsible for paying the utilities for your home (including if you rent)
- Are a United States citizen (or have been legally admitted for permanent residence)
- St. Louis County resident.
- Have $3,000 or less in your bank accounts, retirement accounts, or investments
- Meet or are below the income guidelines for your household size. If you are income eligible for LIHEAP you are income eligible for LIHWAP.
You can apply for LIHWAP on line or stop by CAASTLC at 2709 Woodson Rd., Overland to pick up an application
Required LIHEAP Documentation:
- Completed LIHEAP Application.
- Proof of all household income from the previous month if you are not currently receiving Food Stamps. Proof of income for any household member(s) not on your Food Stamp case.
- Copies of Social security documentation for all household members.
- For winter heating assistance, copy of current utility bill/disconnection notice if disconnected for primary heat source and copy of electric bill.
- For summer cooling heating assistance, copy of current disconnection notice for electric.
Online submission for the LIHEAP & LIHWAP applications are now available. You can access the LIHEAP & LIHWAP applications from https://mydss.mo.gov/utility-assistance.
PROGRAMA DE ASISTENCIA DE ENERGÍA PARA HOGARES DE BAJOS INGRESO (LIHEAP): Enlace director a la versión PDF de la Solicitud con instrucciones (Nota: El formulario se puede completar electrónicamente.)
The application has changed. We can NOT use LIHEAP applications from previous years. You must submit the revised version (8-2022) available below. Applications submitted from previous years can not be approved.
LIHEAP Income Eligibility Requirements – Household income may not exceed 60 % of State Mediam Income guidelines.
|Size of Family Unit||Monthly Income||Annual Income|